Updated 4 June 2019
We are confident that our website at www.isfun.uk (hereafter “Our Website”) complies with the requirements of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, at Level A and Level AA.
Here are the findings of our recent Accessibility Audit
The content of Our Website consists entirely of text and images.
Our Website contains none of the following types of content:
- audio, video or live multimedia content;
- frames or iframes;
- pages or applications that have a time limit;
- automatically moving, blinking or scrolling content (for example: carousel, marquee or animation);
- automatically updating content (for example: news ticker or chat messages);
- page content which flashes more than three times per second;
- content functionality that is triggered by moving a device or by the movement of the user of a device;
- page elements which result in the launch of a pop-up window, an additional change of keyboard focus or other change that could confuse or disorient the user, when receiving focus or the user inputs information or interacts with a control.
Where deemed appropriate labels are used in Our Website to increase accessibility.
- ARIA property labels are used to indicate user click or focus events, for example, aria-required (Contact Form) and aria-controls (content accordions).
- ROLE labels are used to indicate different types of content (example: navigation, search, banner, main, contentinfo).
Our Website contains some elements which result in a change to the page when receiving focus (but not in our view to the detriment of accessibility).
- off-canvas module on every page labelled Need help?
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1
The W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) published the above guidelines on 5 June 2018.
The WAI develops standards and support materials to promote making website content more accessible.
We strive to improve accessibility at all times
Skip Navigation Link
We include at the top of Our Website a hidden SKIP NAVIGATION link to enable users to jump straight to the main content on any one page.
You can see the link, shown in the image below, when you select TAB followed by ENTER using your keyboard when you first land on a page in Our Website.
We pay close attention to the use of adequate colour contrast in Our Website, for example:
- between foreground text and the background, and
- between link text and non-link text.
We employ easy to read sans-serif fonts in Our Website.
Non-menu text links in Our Website are underlined on hover and on focus.
Three Click Rule
We follow a 'three click rule' in an effort to provide users with a website navigation structure that is both intuitive and logical.
Our Website uses a responsive mobile-friendly WYNCHCO template design to enable visitors to easily read, navigate and interact with Our Website, regardless of device (phones, tablets and PCs) and screen size being used.
Limited Use of Tables
We only use tables to present content in Our Website when absolutely essential.
No tables were used in the making of this website.
If you find one then please tell us!
Where we have used forms in Our Website we have employed a logical tab sequence and labels to identify the input required.
We write website content using simple English.
We structure content using short paragraphs. And even shorter sentences.
We use punctuation throughout our website.
Did you know you can personalise the accessiblity settings of your web browser and device to meet your individual needs?
The BBC website offers useful advice for how to use your device's accessibility features and install assistive technologies.
Tell us what you think
If in spite of all our hard work you still experience difficulty accessing Our Website's content then do please tell us.
or call us on 0161 818 8228.